Ons Tuis NPC
Currently holds a vacancy:
VACANCY: FINANCIAL OFFICER
The Board of Ons Tuis hereby invites relevant qualified and experienced persons to apply for the post of Financial Officer at Ons Tuis (NPC).
The purpose of this position is to comprise of assisting the financial manager in tasks like processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions and attending day to day technical finance requests.
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Strong leadership characteristics and to function under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding people relationships.
- Good organizational, time planning and judgement abilities.
- Bilingual in Afrikaans and English.
- Problem solving analysis and judgement.
Key responsibility areas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assist in payments in line with the required controls and regulations.
- Data capturing of the previous month’s transactions.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Finance Manager when required.
- Ensure all relevant journals are processed monthly.
- Ensure accurate monthly management accounts are prepared and submitted to the respective stakeholders, as well as, assisting on the accounts.
- Month end Reporting
- Accounts payable processing and reconciliations
- Accounts receivable processing and reconciliations
- Cashbook processing and reconciliations
- Update customer payments daily
- Attend to customer queries and resolve them.
- Send monthly statements to customer.
- Adding Creditors and processing payments on internet banking facility
- Compile monthly ledger reports (Accounts payable & receivable)
The successful candidate must have the following relevant qualifications:
- Relevant qualification in Bookkeeping/Accounting
- Finance Experience 2-5 years.
- Computer skills and knowledge of computerized accounting packages and other software (MS Office, Excel, Pastel Evolution, Zero).
- Experience in the NGO sector would be advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation
- Computer literate
- Negotiable remuneration package based on experience and qualifications.
By applying for the above position and by providing us with your CV and personal information, you are consenting to the information provided by you being used for the purpose it is intended.
ONS TUIS reserve the right not to fill this position. Should you not receive any feedback within 14days of the closing date of this ad, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you are interested in applying and you are confident that you qualify in terms of the information set out in this advertisement, please send us your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com for attention: Mr G Janse van Rensburg.
The closing date for this ad is 30 June 2023.